Monday 13 June 2011

Children? No.

Let me get one thing straight. I don’t ever want to have kids. They drain your money, your time, your attention, your sanity and you’ll spend the rest of your life worrying about them. Essentially like a car, but cars will actually help you in your day to day life.

I know I’m not in a position whereupon children is a likely outcome right now, but even so, it would be a terrible, terrible idea for me to have children. And I mean those two terribles.
Call me a destroyer of the human race, and a disgrace to my family line, but I would be delighted if I never had kids. The world is bad enough with one of me wreaking havoc, what on Earth would it be like if there was also a mini-version of me around!? No thank you.
I don’t see the obsession with having kids. Do people want to have kids to alleviate their boredom in their 30s? Are they just gluttons for punishment? Because that’s all kids are. Time-consuming. Sure they’ll “look after you in your old age” (*translation* “Shove you in a care home to rot”) but what else? Because they want to create a monster?

Another problem is the cost, most, myself included, simply cannot afford to have a kid. Also, what is a good age to have a kid. 18? 22? 29? The more I think about it, the further away from the idea I go.
The only fascination I can see with children is what they’d look like, like what part of their parents they’d inherit…. Other than that… nah. No thank you to children for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment